Cider Braised Pork Loin With Cabbage
* 1 pork loin roast, bone in, about 4 to 5 pounds
* Salt and pepper
* 4 tablespoons butter
* 1 cup chopped onion
* 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
* 1 medium cabbage
* 1/2 cup apple cider or juice
* 1 tablespoon honey or brown sugar
* 1 tablespoons cider vinegar
* 1/2 teaspoon dried leaf thyme
* 2 pounds fingerling potatoes or red potatoes cut in 1
Melt butter in a large braising pan or Dutch oven over medium heat. Brown onions lightly then brown the pork loin roast on all sides. Add the chopped garlic. Remove outer leaves from the cabbage then cut into 6 to 8 wedges. Arrange cabbage around the pork roast.
Heat oven to 325°.
In a cup, combine the apple juice, honey, and vinegar; stir in the dried leaf thyme. Pour over the pork loin roast and cabbage. Cover the pan and transfer to the oven. Bake for 2 hours. Scrub the fingerling potatoes and add them to the pork and cabbage. Cover and bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour longer. Pork should register abour 160° on an instant read thermometer. The pork loin roast recipe is ready to serves 6 persons. Enjoy !