Pork Loin With Peppers
* 4 tablespoons olive oil
* 4 medium cloves garlic, minced
* 4 ounces hot or sweet Italian sausage, casings removed
* 1 pork loin, about 4 pounds
* 2 cups chopped onion, divided
* 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes
* 1 cup chicken broth
* 4 to 6 green bell peppers or a combination of red and green, seeded, thinly sliced
* salt and pepper
* 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
* 1/4 cup cold water
Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large heavy saucepan or Dutch oven. Add the garlic and sausage. SautÃ©, stirring and breaking up, until sausage is no longer pink. Remove
the sausage and set aside. Brown the pork loin on all sides; pour off excess fat. Add 1 cup of the chopped onions, the tomatoes, chicken broth, and reserved sausage.
Cover and simmer for about 2 1/2 hours. In a skillet over medium heat, cook remaining onion and peppers in the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil until tender, stirring occasionally. Add salt and pepper, to taste. Remove the pork and slice.
Keep pork juices over low heat.Combine the flour and cold water until smooth. Stir the flour mixture into the pork juices, a little at a time, until thickened. Pour thickened juices over the pork then top with the cooked onion and pepper mixture.The pork loin roast recipe is ready to serves 6 to 8 great persons....enjoy it !