Stuffed Crown Roast of Pork
Stuffed Crown Roast of Pork....a great pork roast recipe to try !
* 2 tablespoons butter
* 1/2 cup chopped onion
* 1/4 cup diced celery
* 2 large Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, diced, about 2 cups
* 1/4 cup chopped dried cranberries, optional
* 1/4 cup brown sugar
* 1/4 cup hot water
* 1 tablespoon lemon juice
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon dried leaf sage, crumbled, or poultry seasoning
* 4 cups toasted bread cubes
* 1 crown roast of pork, about 7 to 9 pounds
Heat butter in a large skillet over medium low heat; add the chopped onion, celery, apples, and chopped dried cranberries. Cook, stirring, for about 5 to 8 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in brown sugar, hot water, lemon juice, salt, sage or poultry seasoning, and bread cubes.
Place roast in a roasting pan. Fill the crown of the roast with stuffing, heaping in center. Cover stuffing with a piece of foil to prevent drying out and wrap ends of each bone with a small piece of foil. Roast at 325° for 3 to 4 hours, or until the meat registers about 175° on a meat thermometer. Remove foil. If desired, decorate tips with paper frills. The pork roast recipe serves 8 persons....enjoy it !
Labels: pork loin roast recipes